Staging to Sell Your HomeAdd to My Luxx Living
How can you help assure that your home stands out? One powerful way is to stage your home. From my experience, a well- staged home leads to multiple offers, usually during the first open house.
While you may not want to invest in a residence you are selling, it actually pays off. A 2011 Home Gain survey of over more than 2,000 Realtors found that the cost of home staging provides a nearly 300-percent rate of return. According to the National Association of Realtors, by spending 1 to 3 percent of a home’s asking price on staging, you derive an 8- to 10-percent return.
Consider these points:
- Make a good first impression. A prospective buyer will make an initial assessment in less than five minutes.
- Staging begins outside with curb appeal. An impeccable, attractive property says, “Welcome.”
- Staging is like a model home. It should feel “just lived in enough,” creating a fantasy for the buyer. It’s more than style; it’s a lifestyle.
- Staging enables buyers to imagine living in the home.
- It is critical to direct a prospect’s eye to a room’s key features. Don’t leave it up to chance.
- Staging emphasizes a home’s best features; equally important, it downplays its weaknesses.
- It is important to maximize square footage. Proper furniture and floor planning creates a greater sense of space.
- Color is powerful. Buyers love clean, fresh colors – and even the smell of new paint. The correct colors also enhance space.
- Color translates to the Internet, where most buyers first discover a home for sale. Dynamic photos of your home online will capture attention and imagination.
- Especially on Cape Cod, colors will create the same luminous atmosphere experienced in nature. The right palette will contribute to a home’s flow and harmony, bringing the outside in.
- Small details can make a big difference by appealing to the senses – sight, smell and touch. Placing flowers, fruit and candles in strategic locations and having the best lighting are a few effective and inexpensive strategies.
- Paint is a very powerful tool that can provide a home with a one-of-a-kind signature design to enhance textures, patterns and color combinations. Key targets for painting are cabinets, walls and floors.
Related PostsFebruary 24, 2014