Recipes Red Currant SconesAdd to My Luxx Living
Red Currant Scones
Yield: Makes 9 scones
21⁄2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
4 oz. butter
3⁄4 cup currants
3⁄4 cup sugar
1 cup milk
Oven Temperature: 380-400 degrees
1. Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
2. Flame Height: 3
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan just inside the doorway of the oven.
4. Add the currants and sugar to the butter and stir. Slowly stir in the milk.
5. Move the saucepan to center of oven and bring to a boil.
6. Once the mixture begins to boil, move pan back to the doorway and let cook for 2 minutes.
7. Pour butter mixture into the flour mixture and quickly stir to combine.
8. While the mixture is still hot, drop the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet in 1⁄3 cup measurements.
9. Flame Height: 1
10. Bake in doorway until lightly browned, about 8 minutes, rotating cookie sheet after 4 minutes.
11. Transfer to a rack to cool.
Related PostsFebruary 04, 2014