Easy green tips for kidsAdd to My Luxx Living
Easy green tips for kids
By Betsy Wild
It’s never too early for kids to make environmentally responsible practices a part of their daily life. To protect the future of the earth, kids must get involved. That’s how change happens. Below are simple, money-saving, kid-friendly ideas that make a difference.
- Start recycling and encourage your friends to recycle too.
- Start composting kitchen waste and encourage your friends to do so too.
- Buy green school supplies – pencils, notebooks with recycled paper and reuse last year’s unfinished notebooks.
- Walk, carpool or take a bus to school to cut down on carbon emissions.
- Save water by turning it off when brushing your teeth.
- Turn off the lights when you leave the room.
- Turn off video games and computers when not in use. Better yet,cut down on video game time, which uses more energy than computers or tv. Play outside instead.
- Use rechargeable batteries in your toys and buy well-made toys that last.
- Plant a little garden – lettuce and radishes are quick, easy to grow crops.
- Reduce use of throwaway cups, plates, utensils and use washable dishes and cloth napkins instead.
- Use reusable, BPA-free water bottles instead of plastic ones.
- Use a recyclable lunch bag and put your snacks in reusable containers rather than buying small, throwaway ones.
- Celebrate Earth Day on April 22!
Click on the link below to watch a brief video created for children on the importance of recycling and the positive effects of doing so.
For more green living tips, visit greenwithbetsy.com.
Related PostsJanuary 12, 2015